Course 2: Applying an Equity Mindset
This entirely online 16 hour personal and professional development course will help participants learn specific ways to become effective and accountable collaborators for a more equitable and just world. This is the second course in the two-part Equity Mindset Series. It is highly recommended that participants take the courses in sequential order.
After completing this course, you will:
- Have a more comprehensive understanding of how social change occurs so your individual role can be more clearly defined.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the experiences, stages, and phases you should expect as you continue growing as a change agent.
- Begin building and utilizing a personal database of methods and styles for and disrupting oppressive statements and behaviors, and changing oppressive attitudes.
- Have a toolbox of best practices for engaging in inclusive cross-racial interactions and multi-racial groups.
- If you are a parent or caretaker of children: Gain knowledge and tools to begin fostering transformation in your own children or the children you care for, so they can be change agents for a more equitable and just world.
- If you are an educator: Gain knowledge and tools to make your classroom more equitable and inclusive, and to advocate for greater equity and inclusivity on your campus.
Most workplaces offer professional development credit for this course. Participants who complete the series earn a digital certificate to display on their website or resume.